San Francisco, USA
The goal of EA Global is to increase attendees’ knowledge, skills and networks to enable them to do the most good possible. Content will be aimed at existing EA community members who already have a solid understanding of effective altruism, but would like to gain skills, network, master more complex problems, or move into new roles.
Programming will include:
- Presentations on the latest ideas at the frontiers of the EA movement
- Workshops to help improve your thinking and execution
- Meetups, networking, office hours and social activities
You can find the agenda here.
You can see a list of all the confirmed speakers here.
You can also nominate a speaker (including yourself) or share other content suggestions here.
Who is EA Global a good fit for?
We think the following kinds of attendees are particularly likely to find the conference valuable:
- People already familiar with the key ideas of effective altruism
- People farther advanced in their studies or careers
- People seeking the opportunity to master more complex problems in effective altruism, learn new skills, or get help from the community
- People actively seeking work focused on high-priority global issues
We use an application process to match our available spaces with the people we think will gain the most from the conference. If you are new to effective altruism, we recommend attending an event hosted by your local EA Group before applying to EA Global.
Applications for the conference are now closed but applications for EA Global: London 2019 will open soon.
We've compiled a range of accommodation options here. Please be aware there is another conference taking place in San Francisco at the same time as EA Global so it's best to book your accommodation as soon as possible.
Registration and the opening reception will begin at 6 PM on Friday (though you can arrive and register any time during the weekend).
Saturday and Sunday will have full-day schedules with a closing reception ending at 8 PM on Sunday evening.
We cover a range of frequently asked questions here.