San Francisco, USA
The goal of EA Global is to increase attendees’ knowledge, skills and networks to enable them to do the most good possible.
Content will be aimed at existing EA community members who already have a solid understanding of effective altruism, but would like to gain skills, network, master more complex problems, or move into new roles.
Programming will include:
- Presentations on the latest ideas at the frontiers of the EA movement
- Seminars and workshops to help improve your thinking and execution
- Meetups, facilitated networking sessions, office hours and social activities
You can see a list of all the confirmed speakers here.
You can also nominate a speaker (including yourself) or share other content suggestions here.
Who is EA Global a good fit for?
We think the following kinds of attendees are particularly likely to find the conference valuable:
- People already familiar with the key ideas of effective altruism
- People farther advanced in their studies or careers
- People seeking the opportunity to master more complex problems in effective altruism, learn new skills, or get help from the community
- People actively seeking work focused on high-priority global issues
We use an application process to match our available spaces with the people we think will gain the most from the conference. If you are new to effective altruism, we recommend attending an event hosted by your local EA Group before applying to EA Global.
You can fill out the application form here. The application only takes a few minutes, and you don't have to pay for anything until you're accepted.
If your application is accepted, you will be sent a link to register for the conference.
Tickets cost $499 but extensive financial aid is available (discounts of 25%, 50%, and 75%). We don't want cost to keep anyone away. This is true even if you are not low-income but, for example, are prioritizing donation. Please take financial aid rather than stay home.
We've compiled a range of accommodation options here. Please be aware there is another conference taking place in San Francisco at the same time as EA Global so it's best to book your accommodation as soon as possible.
Registration and the opening reception will open around 6 PM on Friday (though you can arrive and register any time during the weekend).
Saturday and Sunday will have full-day schedules with a closing reception ending around 8 PM on Sunday evening.
We cover a range of frequently asked questions here.